Discover the root cause of pain by understanding how stress creates chronic muscle tension and limited movement. Receive live instruction that will equip you with a daily practice to meet your needs. Gain the tools you need to move towards a vibrant life of awareness, movement, and self-agency.
- Understand how new-to-you concepts (somatics, pandiculation, sensory motor amnesia) work better than other methods.
- Discover how personal responses contribute to stress and muscle tension
- Identify your own pattern of Sensory Motor Amnesia
- Experience the benefits of nature’s reset button (pandiculation)
- Experience and identify the stress reflexes: Green Light, Red Light
- Learn movements to release the front and back of the body, and release tension in the periphery
- Learn movements to improve rotation, reconnect to your legs, and breathe more easily
- Uncover how your brain develops habits
- Connect with a new awareness of your body and your habits
- Interactive group sharing that lead to learning moments
- Identify principles and strategies for self-care
- Create your personal daily practice
- Discover a-ha moments in your movement and awareness
- Experience seated movement for At-Work Strategies
- Experience and identify the stress reflex: Trauma
- Learn walking movements to restore a free and easy gait
Martha Peterson, CHSE, CCSE, graduated from Somatic Systems Institute in 2006. She holds a BA in Dance Education from the SUNY, and certification in Massage Therapy from the National Holistic Institute in Oakland, CA. Martha is the founder and CEO of Essential Somatics® and a leader in the field of Somatic Education. Martha has over 30 years’ experience working with professionals in the field of dance, bodywork, and somatics. She discovered Clinical (Hanna) Somatic Education after suffering chronic hip and knee pain due to injuries after years of dancing professionally; it is the only method that taught her to reverse her hip pain and postural imbalances. For Martha, restoring the skill of self-sensing was the key to a life of movement, mastery, and joy.