Sunday January 14 // 10h – 14h
+ Discovery pass included from 14/01 to 28/01
- Theory, two hours on the main principles of Ashtanga yoga
- Practice, two hours of technique and and modifications for everyone.
This course is designed to get you started on your ashtanga yoga journey in the right, solid way. It’s an opportunity to assimilate all the concepts, sequences and theoretical content that will offer you a powerful and invaluable practice, especially at this time. You’ll be able to use one of the most powerful tools available to take care of your mind and body.
The course is divided into two parts.
– The first part explains the fundamentals of asana practice, the philosophy of ashtanga yoga, its history and origins.
Afterwards, we’ll take a 15-minute break.
– The second part consists of an initial sequence of postures, with explanations of how to perform them, and variations adapted to each body type.
The course program is as follows:
- WHY YOGA?
- THE 8 STEPS AND BREATHING
- MANTRAS (understanding and recitation)
- DRISTHIS (points of visual focus)
- TIPS FOR YOUR PRACTICE YOGA
- WHEN NOT TO DO ASANAS (MENSTRUATION, PREGNANCY AND THE INFLUENCE
OF LUNAR CYCLES)
- YAMAS AND NIYAMAS
- BANDHAS (energetic closures)PRACTICE
- SUN SALUTATIONS A AND B
- PRACTICE OF THE SEQUENCE OF DEBUT POSTURES, FINAL POSTURES AND PRANAYAMA NADI SODHANA.
- RECOMMENDED READING.
At the end of the practical part, we’ll enjoy a healthy snack in the Lighthouse cafeteria to round off the course and share a pleasant moment together.
Giselle Velasco is a certified Ashtanga Yoga teacher she practices with Sharath Jois in Mysore (Sharath Yoga Center). She is a warm and generous teacher who pays special attention to supporting the student in their own discovery and dynamic learning of the Ashtanga sequence. By helping you feel your organization in the postures and finding a more organic movement during the sequence, she ensures that the experience will make you smile and sweat :).
- Online Trainings